- Community groups urge Advocate for Service Quality to intervene. In an unprecedented move, community organizations representing people with disabilities, families, employers and employees have come together to urge the Advocate for Service Quality to intervene to stop the community living cuts, group home closures and forced relocations.
- Letter from BC FamilyNet to Minister Coleman:
- Letter from BC Coalition of People with Disabilities to Minister Coleman: Letter from the Opposition Critic for Community Living, Shane Simpson to Minister Rich Coleman re group home closures. MOMS August 2, 2010 letter to Minister Rich Coleman urging the minister to stop group home cuts and forced relocations:
- Letter from Nicholas Simons, MLA for Powell River/ Sunshine Coast to Minister Rich Coleman first raised the alarm over group home closures:
One concerned Dad produced this moving U-Tube video to share his concerns:
What you can do
- Contact Minister Coleman at HSD.Minister@gov.bc.ca and/or your MLA to express your concerns: Find your MLA
- Write letters to your local media outlining how the cuts are impacting adults with developmental disabilities in your community.